2006/10/17

Admission to SIM

TOday i received the letter from SIM, its a confirmation dat my application is a success. I shld be happy like donghan, who sms us to tell us the news.. i wanted to be happy like him too, but its has come to the point that i haf to make the decision.

I'm sure those close to mi de would noe, My plan is to get bank loan, however my parents object to the idea of getting the bank loan, my dad says he wana help mi to pay the school fee, but i dont wan to use their $$. So the problem is 1)i wana get get loan but parents dun allow 2) Dad wana help mi pay sch fees but i dun wana use their $$, there is no room for compromising at all.

And i have no choice, and dat leaves mi onli 1 solution, i pay off the 1st sem wif my own savings. $5200++. And i had to work super hard to earn my 2nd sem school fee by june.

If all goes well, i will able to start my work as a financial adviser in mid november, n i will haf to commit 100% to this work. As the income is recurring, if i am able to earn my school fee by june, i will be able to earn for all whole 3 yrs of study.

Well kinda sad, but.... 1 mths from now, i will be leaving the canoeing club, leave as in i dun tink i will be able to join every1 for their outings anymore, i dun even noe if i can go for training.. :( but definitely no more outing.

A number of events is coming up so suddenly.. this friday to monday will be yixin bday chalet, den every tues thurs and sun we will haf our dragonboating training, apart from our regular canoe trainings. then 23rd to 24th we all will be travelling to malaysia wif cher, 27th our team nite cycling, den 2 days b4 my birthday the singapore river regatta. which is our 1st attempt in dragon boating.

Sometimes i do wonder the sudden outburst of this event izzt becoz... it meant my last mth wif them.. the team which i value alot more den everything.. since the day i joined this team in 2001.

2007 i will be offically in school.. den my time will be committed to my studies, work and preparation in starting my SIM canoe club.. my time as gd as == zero.

Some may say i shld gif up sth, n of course i dun even nid to ask everyone will be asking mi to stop canoeing.

but.. studying is a muz = i cant gif it up, work is oso a muz = i cant gif it up lasty canoeing is my onli passion n interest dat is left == if i gave i am as gd as a zombie..

And so.. the onli thing left is will be spending less time or zero time wif all my buddies and friends.. i really hope dat i dun lose any frens along the way, and becoz of my job nature, am prepared to be avoid by some though i alreadi make clear my stand dat frens n familys will not be my target. The perception of a financial adviser in singapore is juz too bad, this is nt to be blamed coz i had this perception too b4 i decide to join this line.

Well to all my friends, if it really happens dat i "disappeared", It is definitely not wat i wanted, and watever i do be it studying or at work, i will not forget all the happy and memorable times i spend with everyone these yrs, mths, days.

:):):):)

ok will update about last sat steve bday when i get the pics.